XGA Cabling SystemAMP NETCONNECT XGA cabling solutions are next generation infrastructure solutions fully compliant with the latest ISO/IEC 11801 2nd ed. Draft Amendment 2 specifications.
In order to meet these new specifications with the AMP NETCONNECT XGA copper cabling system, Tyco Electronics has designed the new AMP-TWIST 6AS SL RJ45 Jack which even exceeds the new Cat. 6A connecting hardware definitions from ISO/IEC. Together with the XGA S/FTP system cable and the new Cat. 6A patch cords, the XGA system offers very high performance headroom combined with faster termination time. The outstanding performance of AMP-TWIST 6AS (600 MHz RJ45) offers many advantages to the user. In data centers, XGA offers extremely short link capabilities (< 2m) and even allows the combination of at least 2 permanent links (depending upon configuration). Additionally and importantly for both office networks and data centers, the connecting hardware compliancy of AMP-TWIST 6AS offers maximum ”Mix&Match” flexibility by ensuring that the channel functions with every available Cat. 6A patchcord .
Also new in the upcoming ISO/IEC 11801 ed 2.1 is a new definition of a multimode fiber called OM4. This multimode fiber offers the highest DMD precision and allows a channel length of 550m for 10 Gb/s Ethernet. The AMP NETCONNECT XGA fiber optic cabling system combines Tyco Electronics’ high class fiber optic connectivity with a new OM4 based system cable to offer users the best available future proofing.
Here is a system performance summary so that you can make the right choice of cabling system:
AMP NETCONNECT XGA Cabling System - The Benefits:
- XGA Copper benefits:
- Shielded Technology ensures smallest size and maximum EMC
- Meets ANEXT requirements by design
- Smallest size for cable and path cords
- Quick termination < 1 min.
- Features AMP-TWIST 6AS, the 600 MHz RJ45
- Immense system headroom (meets Class EA 800 MHz PL)
- Offers full Mix & Match compatibility to all Cat. 6A patch cords
- XGA Fiber benefits:
- High quality OM3 and OM4 fibered cable
- 550 m 10GBase-SR channel length with OM4
- Quick termination fiber connectivity
- Wide range of FO connector selection
- Also available as MPO based pre-terminated solution
AMP NETCONNECT XGA Cabling System - Performance Facts:
- XGA Copper complies with:
- ISO/IEC 11801 ed 2 Draft Amendment 2, Class EA PL and Cat. 6A component requirements
- ISO/IEC 11801 ed. 2.1 Channel Class EA
- EN 50173-1 Channel Class EA
- EIA/TIA 568-B2-10 Cat. 6A Channel, PL and Cat. 6A connectivity
- XGA Fiber complies with:
- ISO/IEC 11801 2nd edition OF-300 and OF-500 channels for 10 Gb/s Ethernet