The Q-Frame is a 19”inch frame purpose designed for fiber, incorporating over-length patch-cord storage and logical routing paths for the patch cords, which means that just one standard length of patch cord is required to patch between any and all fiber ports.
This greatly simplifies planning and logistics, reduces inventory and helps to maintain the availability of data center services because the right length of cord is always available.
The Q-Frame houses the Q3000 panels which, together with, the overhead fiber raceway (FiberGuide®) provides the cable management necessary for the fiber intensive areas of today's data centers.
This innovative frame has eight 230mm horizontal troughs for a total of 1828mm of horizontal trough space. This abundant trough space minimizes fiber congestion greatly simplifyies moves, adds and changes.
The Q-Frame can be mounted to exisiting 19-inch racks, allowing the rear troughing system to line up between racks maximizing the routing between racks.
The built-in patch cord storage panel will store up to 3.5 meters of patch cord slack and allows for the use of single patch cord length to connect any port within a single rack.
The unique design of the Q-Frame allows for any port within a single frame to be connected using a 6 meter patch cord. For each frame that is added to the line-up, the length to connect any port in the line-up increases by one meter.
| || || || || |
|Q-Frame Patch Cord Management||Slack Management||Cable Troughs|
- The built-in jumper storage panel will store up to 3.5 meters (12 feet) of jumper slack and allows for the use of single jumper length to connect any port within a single rack
- The Q-Frame can be mounted to a standard 19-inch channel rack which allow for the rear trough system to line up between racks maximizing the routing between racks
- Max capacity of a loaded Q-Frame is 3072 ports (8x8x48)
- Built-in jumper storage allows use of a single jumper cord length to connect any port within a single frame
- Also, greatly reduces the complexity of an installation
- And, saves money & time in the long-term maintenance of the installation
- Ample trough space results in reduced jumper pile-up and congestion
- Also minimizes risk of microbends or damage to the fiber
- Supports eight 4RU Q3000, TFP or RMG chassis