The NETpodium rack system provides the cable management necessary for the Cu and FO intensive areas of today's data centers. This innovative enclosure can accept 45 1HU patch panels, is equipped with 2 large vertical cable attachment ducts to store and attach Cu and FO cables. The use of the newly designed cable managers provides complete bend radius protection at every turn to ensure network performance and reliability.
When used in conjunction with TE's Universal Connectivity Platform (UCP), NETpodium results in a significant increase in Rack Efficiency (RE) where rack efficiency is the ratio of percentage of available space used to the amount of usable space within the rack envelope.
| || |
|NETpodium Rack System|
By allowing the mixing of copper and fibre connectivity in the same 19" rack unit (1RU) NETpodium and the UCP maximise Rack Efficiency (RE) through better utilisation of rack space and by exploiting available rack space outside of the traditional 19" envelope - but within the overall rack dimensions.
Traditional racks and enclosures allow only fibre or only copper connectivity to be used in each 19" Rack Unit. Data Centre Managers, Designers and Planners needing to use both fibre and copper connectivity within the same rack are therefore forced to leave valuable rack space empty resulting in a reduced Rack Efficiency.
In addition, traditional racks and enclosures only allow connectivity within the normal 19" envelope - NETpodium allows connectivity outside of the traditional connectivity areas thereby increasing overall rack density and leading to higher Rack Efficiency numbers.
|NETpodium high density cable management arms |
Patch-cords push through easily, but are safely retained
|NETpodium aluminium profile and tool-less fastener enables|
flexibility in positioning of accessories and high speed installation
- Open Frame concept that can be transformed into a closed cabinet
- Light Aluminium Construction
- Bend Radius Protection for Fiber and Copper
- Tool-less fitting of accessories
- Universal Alu Profile
Key Features & Benefits (End User)
- One common look and feel to the data centre patching frames
- Supports standard's compliant installation of TE solutions inside and outside of the19 inch envelope
- Offers additional patching space on the frame when high port density switches are deploye
- High rack space utilization = high Rack Efficiency (R.E.)
Key Features & Benefits (Installer)
- Lightweight, Versatile and Easy to Construct
- Deployed with UCP it can remove patching headaches
- Tool-Less assembly of accessories