Universal Connectivity Platform
The Universal Connectivity Platform (UCP) is a range of connectivity hardware that combines the benefits of modular connectivity with significant space savings by using a standardised fitting and by exploiting previously unusable areas of the racks and frames.
The result is a significant increase in Rack Efficiency (RE) where rack efficiency is the ratio of percentage of available space used to the amount of usable space within the rack envelope.
By allowing the mixing of copper and fibre connectivity in the same 19" rack unit (1RU) the Universal Connectivity Platform maximises Rack Efficiency (RE) through better utilisation of rack space and by exploiting available rack space outside of the traditional 19" envelope - but within the overall rack dimensions.
Traditional racks and enclosures allow only fibre or only copper connectivity to be used in each 19" Rack Unit. Data Centre Managers, Designers and Planners needing to use both fibre and copper connectivity within the same rack are therefore forced to leave valuable rack space empty resulting in a reduced Rack Efficiency.
In addition, traditional racks and enclosures only allow connectivity within the normal 19" envelope - the UCP allows connectivity outside of the traditional connectivity areas thereby increasing overall rack density and leading to higher Rack Efficiency numbers.
The UCP portfolio comprises flush & angled panels for "Inside 19"" and "Outside 19" mounting panels for outside of 19" envelope, above the frame & below the frame.
All UCP panels accept UCP modules - the current UCP module range includes:
- Pre-terminated Looms
- Fiber Cassettes
- MRJ21 Cassettes
- STP & UTP Adapter Modules
- AMPTRAC STP & UTP Modules
- Mounting platform that enables mix & match of connectivity & media in same 1 U space
- Exploits additional space in racks and cabinets and increases overall rack density and efficiency
- Provides space saving and media flexibility options for Data Centre designers and managers
- Increases the utilisation of rack space within the overall rack envelope
- Enables fibre and copper connectivity in same 1U rack space
- Modularity enables fast, efficient & safe media & connectivity upgrades and future-proofing
- Standardised mounting provides inter-connectivity for all TE modular connectivity units
- Backwards compatible for all Quick-Fit Modules