AMP CO Plus System
The AMP Communication Outlet (AMP CO) System is a high-performance, modular cabling system designed to support all performance categories from Cat. 3 telephony up to the current Cat. 7A high-speed standard.
Now in its 3rd iteration - the latest generation is called AMP CO Ultra
The system's 2nd generation (AMP CO Plus) saw significant shielding and peformance improvements over the 1st generation AMP CO Classic - and now the 3rd generation, AMP CO Ultra, features further shielding enhancements and considerable mechanical improvements leading to significant installation benefits.
The modularity of this system, the key feature of all three generations, provides cabling infrastructure designers more options compared to standard, jack-based cabling systems. The outstanding advantage is the ability to change inserts which allows different connector interfaces and performance levels in the future, without actually touching the permanent link.
With the new generation AMP CO Ultra, the installation of the system has been drastically improved. AMP CO Ultra features a new, full-metal housing, consisting of only 2 pieces which results in easier, faster termination along with improved shielding.
Both patch panel and wall outlet come with this new improved die-cast housing, and there is even a Quick-Fit kit which makes AMP CO Ultra compatible with our Universal Connectivity Platform (UCP).
Using the Quick-Termination pistol-grip tool with Automatic Wire Cutting (AWC) the AMP CO edge connector can be terminated even faster than before.
- Offers Class D, E, EA, F and FA in one system
- Sheath sharing offers up to 4 services over one cable
- For all services such as Ethernet, ISDN, analogue telephony, audio, video, CATV
- Supports 1 Gb/s and 10 Gb/s and is technically capable for 40 Gb/s
- Changeable inserts allow adaption to different interfaces
- Ultra version: full-metal die-cast installation housing with 360° shield clamp
- Robust EMC performance
- Fits to all major designer faceplate series and installation environments
How it works
- The cables are terminated onto the shielded edge connectors which are then installed into both the patch panel and the outlet kit.
- In this configuration the system provides two open connector interfaces, depending on the required application. The most appropriate adapter inserts will then be inserted into the edge connectors.
- Typical inserts provide Ethernet or Ethernet/Telephone or CATV/Telephone interfaces, but there are numerous other inserts covering almost all applications.