Video Distribution System
True High Definition RF and IP Video over Cat 6 or 7 twisted-pair cabling
TE Connectivity's Video Distribution System (VDS) enables the delivery of video signals such as: cable television, satellite, in-house video, digital signage, electronic bulletin board or any other service normally delivered over coax systems but over twisted-pair cabling. The VDS eliminates the need for a separate coax infrastructure or the need for RF technician to install it.
VDS is a TIA-568/ISO 11801 compliant solution for delivering broadband RF signals over an existing structured cabling infrastructure.
Supports Up to 862 MHz RF Signals
Support full-spectrum video (862 MHz) for up to 90 meters or 550 MHz for up to 100 meters.
Intelligent Self Adjusting Balun
Provides amplification and equalization with Auto Gain Control (AGC).
Plug & Play - No Setup Required
Output and input levels are adjusted to provide perfect HD video at the TV set.
Head-End Output - Automatically Adjusted
The Master RF Interface adjusts the head-end signal for proper system operation.
Powered over Cable
The Remote Active Balun is powered over the twisted pair system, with +12 Volts being applied at the Video Distribution Hub.
Features & Benefits
- Supports RF video and IP Video over as single Cat 6 or 7 twisted-pair cable.
- Capability to support in excess of 65,000 video drops.
- Truly Plug-n-Play with Auto Gain Control (AGC)
- System automatically adjusts the head-end signal for proper system operation.
- Eliminates the need for manual tuning, solving coax's equalizing and balancing problems electronically.
- Ease of system design/maintenance
- Bi-Directional Signal - compatible with Interactive Control requirements
- Future-proofs your network for the movement to IPTV